Stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and announcements. Subscribe to our free ECM e-newsletters and publications.
Noise Emission: news on machinery and equipment working outdoor
Last month, our Engineer Matteo Ianelli was in Rome to participate at the meeting organized by ISPRA – the Italian National Institute for Environmental Protection and Research – which involved the Notified Bodies for Noise Emission Directive 2000/14/EC. The aim was to present the news introduced by the Decreto Legislativo 17 February 2017, n. 41.
This decree establishes “Disposizioni per l'armonizzazione della normativa nazionale in materia di inquinamento acustico con la direttiva 2000/14/CE e con il regolamento (CE) n. 765/2008,a norma dell'articolo 19, comma 2, lettere i), l) e m) della legge 30 ottobre 2014, n. 161” and it makes some modifications to the regulation D.Lgs. n. 262/2002, in the field of machinery and equipment designed to operate outdoor.
News are referred to 3 different fields:
1. Manufacturers’ obligations and responsabilities. If the producer of the machinery or equipment is established outside the European Community or if it is not possible identify the authorized representative “gli obblighi di cui al presente decreto gravano su chiunque, persona fisica o giuridica, immette in commercio o mette in servizio le macchine e attrezzature nel territorio nazionale”.
2. Notified Bodies’ role and training of the staff working on tests. The art. 5 – D.Lgs. n. 41/2017 illustrates the requirements that NBs must have to perform their activities and, specifically, the minimum requirements of the staff performing controls:
- qualification of expert technician in environmental noise,
- completion of a training course in the fields of environmental noise.
3. Sanctions and controls. The perpetrators of placing on the market non-compliant machinery and equipment “sono soggetti, fuori dai casi in cui la violazione costituisce reato, alla sanzione amministrativa del pagamento della somma da euro 1.000 a euro 50.000”. The decree also establishes that assessment, dispute and notification activities must be carry out by ISPRA.
The D.Lgs. 41/2017 has been in force since 19 April 2017.
Ente Certificazione Macchine, as Notified Body for the issue of CE certification according with 2000/14/EC Directive, Testing Laboratory equipped to carry out test for noise emissions and training institution, can help you to check the conformity of your machinery and equipment to the directive’ standards, to train the staff engaged in controls and to issue the certification attesting the compliance with the applicable law.
Ente Certificazione Macchine
Via Cà Bella, 243
Location Castello di Serravalle (Bo) Italy
P. +39 051 6705141
F. +39 051 6705156